Wednesday, June 20, 2007



In the evening we ended with an Evensong, which was Prayer Book but very nice. I do admit the older I get the quainter the BCP seems to my ears. The choir was really quite good, I thought. Anglicans can sing.
Tomorrow is the day with the Lutherans. And if you want to view another blog, fellow Synod member John Oakes is also doing one at http://johnoakes.blogspot.com. John is taking a very different approach than I am. I'm just trying to give the flavor of the Synod, while he has much deeper theological content. Reading his blog will remind one that New Westminster remains diverse. He remains very much opposed to the Blessing of Same Sex Unions, but he also believes in staying within the diocesan structure, loyal to his bishop, and participating fully. I don't always agree with him, but his analysis is sharp, and I certainly respect it.

1 comment:

John Oakes said...

Thanks for the kind words, Neale, and thanks for your blog. It's much more interesting than mine!

John Oakes