Saturday, June 23, 2007

At lunch break I attended an informational meeting put on by the Communications department. I asked them if they had a long range plan, what with communications technology changing so fast and the department short of money. Sam Carriere, director of communications (seated, blue shirt) said that a plan for a priority for the next few years. At front Josie De Lucia, who works with Sam and on the Anglican Journal, and Bev Murphy, the paper's circulation manager among other things, spoke of what the department had done.
Later that day we elected representatives from the six BC dioceses to the Council of General Synod, which will handle the Synod's business till 2010. Michael was elected the bishop representative; John Alfred Steele, from the Victoria area, the priest rep.; Lela Zimmer of the Anglican Parishes of the Central Interior the lay rep.; plus three others whose names I don't have because I think I left my notebook on the table in the hall.

No comments: